Chicken and Vege Cheesy Bake
I love making casseroles on Sundays so I have something easy to grab to take to work during the week for lunch that is gluten-free and low-carb. This week I decided to make something similar to all the mock mac& cheeses I have seen all over Pinterest. I added cayenne pepper to give it a little kick, I bet it would be awesome with canned green chilies as well!
- 100 g Kirkland cheddar jack cheese
- 2.5 oz cream cheese
- 340g Safeway farms steam in a bag broccoli & cauliflower
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 220 grams Kirkland chicken breast packed in water
- 60g frozen spinach
- 60 g 365 mayonnaise
- Spices to taste (I used cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper)
- 40g pork rinds (adolph’s)
- 40g asiago shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pre-cook vegetables in boiling water until desired firmness.
- Drain vegetables well. I used a colander and pressed down with a spatula to remove excess water.
- Place chicken pieces along the bottom of the baking dish.
- Top with cooked vegetables.
- Mix together cheddar jack cheese, cream, cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, and spices in a small saucepan to simmer. Continuously stirring until all ingredients are smooth and well-mixed.
- Remove the sauce from the heat, pour over the veges.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until bubbling along the edges.
- Mix together asiago cheese and/pork rinds.
- Top with the asiago cheese/pork rinds combo, switch the oven to broil and broil for two to four minutes. Keep an eye on it!
Let cool for five minutes and then enjoy!
Six servings (four net carbs)
- Low Carb Cheesy Jalapeno Chicken & Cauliflower Potatoes Recipe (drinkthepink.wordpress.com)
- Cheesy Chicken & Cauliflower Casserole (skinnyfiberblog.wordpress.com)
- Low-carb Oven Fried Pork Rind Crusted Chicken (skinnyfiberblog.wordpress.com)