This reminds me of the chocolate oranges I used to get in my stocking for Xmas every year! The one you would smack on the table and when you opened it up the pieces would fall apart into perfect little orange-like slices.
Besides being super easy to make with very few ingredients, it’s also a great alternative to sugar-laden chocolate mousse! Go crazy and try different flavors. I am planning on trying chocolate mint (of course) and maybe mix in some almond butter next time as well!
Chocolate Orange Coconut Mousse
1 1/5 cup full fat (canned) coconut milk, cream only (I was able to get this much from one can of Thai Kitchen full-fat coconut milk)
3 tablespoons cocoa (I used Hershey’s unsweetened)
2 tablespoons Swerve sweetener
1 teaspoon orange flavoring
Chill the can of full-fat coconut milk overnight.
After sufficiently chilled, open the can, drain the coconut water (I saved it to use in other smoothies), scoop the thick coconut cream into a large bowl. Add the cocoa, sweetener, and flavoring. Beat the mixture until fully mixed and creamy. Using an immersion mixer I mixed it for a couple of minutes.
Divide into four equal portions. Store them in the fridge to eat later. Lick the bowl and spoon to satisfy your current orangy-chocolate need! The mousse will become thicker as it chills in the fridge.
Dairy free, gluten free, and low carb.
- Find my hand mixer so I can make these smoother and fluffier!
- Find a cute container to holder so I can take more attractive pictures instead of in a plastic storage container!
- Healthy Chocolate Avocado Mousse (thekiwicook.wordpress.com)
- Coconut Chocolate Mousse (thenutritionguruandthechef.wordpress.com)
- 10 Rockin’ Gluten-Free Vegan Desserts (onegreenplanet.org)